Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Writing Book Recommendations

I've read a fair share of writing books before I started writing seriously but lately, I find myself obsessively looking up articles on every facet of writing online. I want to get better for my characters, give them interesting plots and expand my horizons but I can't do without help. So I ordered a few books on Amazon which I'd like to share here with you and then, if you have any suggestions, please leave them below.

When I put out a shout on Twitter, I got recommended:

Writing Irresistible Kidlit by Mary Kole
I ordered it and will be reading through it shortly.

I also purchased these:

The Thesaurus Book Trio by Angela Ackerman and Becca Pugkisi
I purchased all three of these books and can't wait to dig into them. I've been working a lot on trying to make my characters seem unique and give them interesting details. I hope these books will help with that!

I'll review them in more depth after I've finished reading. 

I'd love to hear about any books that have helped you with writing!

2 comments:

  1. I know you meant "every facet of writing" but now I'm picturing faucets that you turn on and out pour characters, plots, etc. If only it were that easy.

    I've been getting a lot from Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That's what I get for writing at work!

      Delete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen