Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- Favorite New-To-Me Authors of 2012

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, they post a subject and the goal is to answer the question with your top ten picks. Once you've done it, link back to The Broke and the Bookish and check out what other bloggers have to say!
Top 10 Favorite New-To-Me Authors in 2012
This is such a fun prompt this week and I can't wait to share some of my new favorites! These are in no particular order and yes, I did cheat. My blog, my rules! =P


1) Megan Miranda (Fracture)- I read Fracture pretty early in the year in 2012 and it blew my mind. I was literally unable to put down this book until I was done with it. The sweeping friendship romance and the creepy thriller plot shot this book and author right up on my radar!

2) Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky)- Rossi created such a lush apocalyptic world that it was hard not to fall in love with her novel and the characters. What's even better is that she's hilarious in real life. I got to meet her in Miami with Tahereh Mafi and didn't stop laughing. She's also a painter ya'll. 

3) Brodi Ashton (Everneath)- Everneath is a retelling of Greek mythology so you know I'm all over that. Not only that but it so romantic but it's sweet and I love Jack. The ending broke my heart and I can't wait for the next one.

4) Jodi Meadows (Incarnate)- I love a good fantasy and that is precisely what Meadows delivers with Incarnate. Not only that but she is super active on Twitter, really supportive of new writers and love ferrets. I enjoy pretty much everything out of this lady's mouth.

5) Jodi Lynn Anderson (Tiger Lily)- So Anderson is by no means a no author but I've only read her novel Tiger Lily this year and it took my breath away. The writing is gorgeous and lush and it was such an inventive re-imaging!

6) Jill Hathaway (Slide)- Yay! Jill Hathaway! Okay, so I sorta cheated here. I betaed her book last year but it came out this year and I re-read it this year so she gets a spot on this list. I love all of her posts and how she isn't afraid to talk about her personal struggles and triumphs on her blog is always inspiring.

7) Jennifer Shaw Wolf (Breaking Beautiful)- Not only was her novel fabulous but Wolf spends a lot of time talking to her readers. She was on my blog quite a few times before her novel came out and she was always so sweet. It's kind of hard not to fall in love with her!

8) Cassandra Rose Clarke (The Assassin's Curse)- I got this novel and it was kind of small so I was wondering how inventive and lush this world could be. And then I was blown away by the vividness and personality in this book. I couldn't put it down!

9) C.J. Redwine (Defiance)- Holy hilarious Batman, have you ever visited Redwine's blog. I did before I knew she was coming out with a book and all her posts make me snort. She open about being a dork and that wins my heart right there. Plus, her novel was on my top 5 favorite of this year. A-maz-ing!

10) Rebecca Serle  ( When You Were Mine)-So I snagged this picture from Serle's blog and hung around for a little bit. It made me like her even more. And her novel is absolutely wonder. Great retelling turned on its head!

*Extra pick* Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel, The Avengers)- How can this man NOT be on my list? He took away two months of my life this year watching Buffy, watching Angel and then reading all the comics. He's so brilliant and I'd die if I could meet him one day. Not the actors who bring his writing to life but him. I'd lurve to just let him talk about his latest idea!

Who made your list of favorites this week?

8 comments:

  1. I loved Fracture too - it was incredible! I'm really looking forward to Megan's new book - and she'd be on my list too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Jodi Lynn Anderson's Peaches, so I have a lot of catching up to do with the other authors. I SO wanna read When You Were Mine - what a great idea for a retelling!

    And HOLY YES, JOSS WHEDON, FTW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved everneath and undr thew nevr sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica Rossi! YES! LOVE! I hope to read some of these other books next year :)

    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-newbie-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know those popular YA authors - Everneath, Under the Never Sky, Slide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great debuts on this list! A few of them I haven't read though, like Megan Miranda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Fracture yet, but its been on my TBR oile for the longest! Glad you enjoyed it!

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also really liked the books for 1,2,3,7 and 9. With 1 and 7 having been among my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen