Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Kick-Ass Heroines


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, they post a subject and the goal is to answer the question with your top ten picks. Once you've done it, link back to The Broke and the Bookish and check out what other bloggers have to say!
Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines
I suspect a lot of people are going to list similar ones to my first two which is completely awesome! Check out my list of awesome ladies!

1) Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins-I have to include her! In my mind, Katniss is the original bad ass and no list is complete without her. Heck, she was tough enough to survive The Hunger Games twice and a war.

2) Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth- Tris grew from this meek little person with a fire raging inside her to full fledged warrior in one of the best books I've ever read. I was addicted to this novel partly because of how emotionally complex Tris was and how I really connected with her reasoning. Love her!

3) Anna from Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake- Anna's been though a whole hell of a lot. She got killed an awful way and is forced to do things after that she really doesn't want to do. Yet she stays strong and hopeful.

4) Riley from The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver- Riley finds herself in a man's world where they look down on woman for doing the same thing they do. But Riley knows she's good enough to trap demons and proves it to everyone with each mission. She is always getting stronger and wiser.

5) Gwen from Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep- Gwen has had to be alone most of her school life because she isn't like the others. Yet, she is hardly bitter and it has allowed her to see what others can't. I love her sense of adventure and that she is wise enough to run when the time arises.

6) Gemma from A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray- I think it takes a hero to live in Victorian era anyways with all the rules and restrictive clothing. But Gemma is also dealing with being a witch and an ancient evil hunting her down. I love how she has all of that and still works to carve a place for herself, polite society be damned.

7) Calla from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer- Calla really is one of those girls that has everything together. What's more is she's the head of her own pack of shifters which I love. You don't see woman being in charge of supernatural creatures much any more. I love that Calla has the attitude and the skill to back it up!

8) Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin- This girl has gone through quite an ordeal. Her mind has been playing some nasty tricks on her and if I was in her position I would have already snapped. Takes some major kick-assery.

9) Yelena from Poison Study by Maria N Synder-Talk about resourceful, Yelena is probably the most capable heroine I've met yat. With all odds against her, she some how manages to escape her captivity with her head and carve out a new life.

10) Violet from The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting- Yay for the normal gal! Well, normal accept for the fact that she can find dead bodies. But Violet is mostly a normal girl going through awful circumstances and still finding her own. Gotta respect a girl like that!

Which heroines made your list?

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Yelena is one of my favorites for sure!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-kick-ass-heroines.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like Gwen too! She made me laugh a lot, which made me like her more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen