Monday, July 23, 2012

DNF: Fated by Alyson Noel

Fated by Alyson Noel

I'm not going to go into too much detail with this but I did want to talk a little bit about why I didn't finish this book. The thing I want to get across is that there was nothing really wrong with it. The writing was good, the characters and concept were interesting and the setting was vivid.

My biggest problem with this novel was that I just couldn't get into it. The writing was beautiful but it felt thick to me. Every paragraph seemed to take a lot of time to sift through and I was having a hard time connecting with the main character even though I was interested in what was happening to her.

I just couldn't get into this one though I'm not even sure why. I've been having trouble focusing and this book wasn't helping matters so I put it down. I may try it again later but for now this one is a "did not finished" for me.

If you are a fan of Noel's other work, I'd definitely say to go for this one. I'm just not sure it was right for me.

1 comment:

  1. I want to read this book... I just haven't had time to get my hands on it or free up my schedule

    Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen