Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (80) and Top Ten Tuesday (23)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that pageBe careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others!Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles!
 
The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
Without even peeking, he could picture her pleading with her car to start. But it wouldn't start. Not tonight.
--Pg. 46 of "The Last Echo" by Kimberly Derting
 
I'm not far enough in this one yet and I need to be! I can already tell that the baddie in this one (which is the perspective my teaser is in) is going to be uber creepy. I worry for Violet...a lot.
 
 
Top Ten Tuesday is a 10's list meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a different question every week and all you have to do is answer their question with your top ten results!
Top Ten Tips for New Bloggers
1) Write about what you enjoy! Blogging should never be a chore.

2) If blogging becomes a chore, take a break for a little while. I promise, people will stick with your blog even if you take some time to yourself and you'll be a much happier blogger.

3) Don't just stick to memes. It's cool to have a routine but make sure you make up some of your own features and don't be afraid to go off the book sometimes. It's always fun to have new and interesting content.

4) Make some friends! Do this by being active in the community. Hit some of the bigger blogs and look at some of the comments. Drop by their blogs and explore.

5) Comment on other blogs. This is a biggie. How is anyone going to visit your blog if thay don't know about it? Join hops, do giveaways and comment as much as you can. It's a great way to promote yourself and meet new people.

6) Get a Twitter account. I took way too long to do this and I wish I hadn't. It's the quickest way to get the lastest info, connect with your favorite bloggers and authors and promote yourself.

7) Be organized. This is a biggie. I still haven't figured out a system to get my emails and things organized but it's so important.

8) Remember that what you write is on public domain. Your words matter and they can make someone's day but can hurt too. And whatever is on the internet never goes away.

9) Get a memorable blog or design theme. You want something that is easy to look at and a design that makes you excited when you see it. That way, you'll want to blog more!

10) Above all, have fun. Read what you love and write with passion. You can't go wrong!

What are your tips this week?

6 comments:

  1. I'm noticing a lot of people talk about how important Twitter is. It's really one of the best networking tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the words can make someone's day and also hurt tip. We don't realize how much what we can write can impact someone. And yes for Twitter. I'm still figuring out how to properly use it. Great tips!

    My Top Ten. Don't forget to check out my <a href="http://www.manda-rae-reads.com/2012/04/author-interview-and-giveaway-hollow-of.html'>giveaway</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sign* another series that I need to get to. Looks good too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree about how being organized is a big help. I've started to get a system, but whenever I'm close to liking how it is. I change it because I find another way I'd rather organize my info. :P

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! this so helpful ... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. The stars really area aligning in my favor. I am a brand-spankin'-new book blogger, and finally got my feet back under me just enough to not get completel overwhelmed poking around on other, more established blogs (ie: blogs whose readership does not consist entirely of friends and famiy). And what do I find? ADVICE! HUZZAH! This is all really helpful. I'm going to need to work on that organiation thing. My inbox isn't exactly overflowing at the moment, but I can see how I should probably get on that now...

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen