Friday, September 2, 2011

Book Tunes (23)

Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. 


Want to join in?:


  • Write up a post
  • Tell me the book you are reading, the song you picked and why
  • Link up by leaving the URL to your posts in the comments



Fateful by Claudia Gray
It's about a servant girl named Tess in 1912, who wants to escape from the house where she works, and most particularly the lecherous young lord of the manor. But that's not her biggest problem. While on a voyage to America, where she plans to escape and start a new life, she meets Alec, who's ruggedly handsome, fabulously wealthy, intelligent and yet so clearly troubled that she'd rather not fall for him, but she does. That also is not her biggest problem. Alec, it turns out, is a werewolf ... one cursed to change every night, unless and until he surrenders his independence and joins the Brotherhood, a pack of violently misogynistic werewolves who have been tracking him for months. You'd think that would be their biggest problem, wouldn't you? 

But no. Their biggest problem -- though they don't know it yet -- is that they're aboard the RMS Titanic.
The Tune: You're Not Alone by Saosin

The Lyrics:
It's just like him
To wander off in the evergreen park
Slowly searching for any sign
Of the ones he used to love..

He says he's got nothing left to live for
(He says he's got nothing left...)
And this time I think you'll know..

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell

She's just like him
Spoiled rotten
Confused by the lies she's been fed
And she's searching for no one..
(But herself)
Her eyes turn to green and she seems to be happy
That she is here
And this time I think you'll know...

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out

(There is more to know)

We're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
You will live to tell..
(So tell me)

You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
You can make it out
(Make it out)
You will live to tell
(Live to tell)
You're not alone
There is more to this, I know
(And I know)
You can make it out
You will live to tell..

You are not alone.
You're not, you're not alone.



So this song isn't exactly right for the Tess part. She's not spoiled but she is searching for herself and in the beginning, she feels like she has to do this all alone. Alec also feels like he must keep himself separate to keep people safe and the things he might have done in the past make him feel isolated. He's also searching for a way out and though he has his father, he also feels alone in the battle. This song really works because they find each other and realize that maybe they don't have to do things by themselves.


What do you think of my song choice?




1 comment:

  1. My choice probably would have been "My Heart Will Go On" I know...cliche haha

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen