Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Guest Post: Mary Lindsey's, author of Shattered Souls, Favorite Ghost Movies




Today, I have the wonderful Mary Lindsey, author of Shattered Souls, on the blog to talk about ghost movies. I'm a wimp so I don't watch too many of them but I'm excited to find out which one she recommends!

Amber was kind enough to invite me as a guest on her blog to write about my favorite ghost movies.

My novel, Shattered Souls, features ghosts—quite a few of them, so a bump-in-the-night, bogeyman topic for this tour stop is perfect.

I’m going to be real honest with you here; I rarely go to movies and almost never watch TV. It’s not that I don’t enjoy watching movies or TV shows, I just have a limited amount of free time, and prefer books. The only movies I’ve seen in the last year or so were Jane Eyre and Harry Potter 7.2. 

When I do watch movies, it is almost never horror. I’m a big chicken. Really. My friends find it funny that I write spooky stuff (my next book is a dark Edgar Allan Poe-based Gothic) because in person I’m goofy and light. Not the dark, broody type at all.

My favorite horror movies are all over the place vintage-wise, but I tend to like the ones with suspense and mystery, rather than gore and blood. Slasher movies do nothing for me.

Here we go! In no special order, here are my favorite ghost movies:

The Uninvited – There have been numerous remakes of this, but I love the 1944 version with Ray Milland. Fabulous suspense.

The Shining – A Stephen King classic. If you like horror and haven’t read this, you should go get a copy right now. The movie with Jack Nicholson is a great adaptation, though I wondered why some of the changes were made, like the hedge animals. Maybe they would have translated wrong on film.

Dead Again – Oooo. Shudder! Kenneth Branaugh (one of my all-time favorite actors) and Emma Thompson are fabulous in this. I particularly like the Hitchcock feel to it.

The Sixth Sense – Almost too scary for me at times, but the twist ending makes all my goose bumps worth enduring.

What Lies Beneath – Harrison Ford does a great job in this thriller.

Ghost – This film featuring Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg is pretty corny, but I still have to put it on my favorites list because the love-keeps-the-spirit-earth-bound thing really gets to me.

And on the lighter side, I can’t leave out the ghost comedy classics Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters, now can I?

 I’m sure there are loads of fantastic ghost movies that I’ve missed and I’d love to hear about them in the comments.

Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog today, Amber!

It was a pleasure and these are several movies I'll have to look into. Funnily enough, I've seen both the comedies! I was addicted to the cartoon show Beetlejuice. Make sure you stay tuned for my review of Shattered Souls later on in the tour!

Big thanks to the:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen