Monday, March 28, 2011

Once Upon a Time Challenge

I've decided to enter the Once Upon a Time Challenge hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings. I love fairytale re-tellings and tend to gravitate towards them anyways, so why not add this to my list of challenges? This one is very simple and doesn't involve a lot of books.

The books that you can read are: fairytale re-tellings, fantasies, folklore, or mythology. There a lot of novels coming out with that theme so I figured I'm in. After looking at the list of "Quests" I am going with "Quest the First".

In this one, you must "Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time criteria. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres."



Here's a list of possible books that I might read:
  • Beastly by Flinn
  • When Rose Wakes by Golden
  • The Goddess Test by Carter
  • Dust City by Weston
  • Ash by Lo
  • Huntress by Lo
  • Another Pan by Nayeri
  • Mistwood by Cypress
  • Dark Mirror by Putney
  • Graceling by Cashore
  • Abandon by Cabot
So if fairytale re-tellings are your thing, I'd suggest you hop on over and sign up!


6 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Dust City--it looks crazy good! I'm definitely adding that one to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing this too! I have a monthly feature for fairytale retellings on my blog, and it seemed silly not to, really! Very excited about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fairytale retellings. I haven't read any of those yet, but I have seen Red Riding Hood and thought it was a fantastic take on Little Red Riding Hood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool challenge! I'm already doing this on my own though so I don't think I need to sign up for the reading. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Graceling and Ash were both very good books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list! I've read Graceling, and it was great. But the others are all on my "To be read someday" list! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen