Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hunger Games Movie New: Katniss Casted and Three Boys Vying for Peeta


Katniss-
I reported on this a few days ago and told everyone who was up for the leads currently. As I'd mentioned, Academy Award actress Jennifer Lawerance was offered and accepted the part of Katniss Everdeen, the girl on fire. 

I know she's blond and a lot of people hate that but guys, they can DYE her hair and rough her up. A lot of stars only look glamorous because a team of professionals work hours to make them that way. You can bet they are going to be trying to get these films right. They want them to reach Twilight status and the only way to do that is to make us fans happy. You can also bet my butt will be glued to that chair at midnight March 22, 2012.

Peeta-
The other news is about our favorite boy with the bread. From what I've heard, there are three strong runners for the counterpart to Ms. Lawerance. So meet your boys:

Alex Pettyfer- He was a strong contender from the beginning but I really don't think it's going to be him. Not only has he been in a lot of YA movies already but he's being considered for a lot of them. I'm really hoping he passing over The Hunger Games and goes for Jace in The Mortal Instruments. I think that role is much better suited for him and I haven't heard talk about Pettyfer as Peeta in a long while.


Josh Hutcherson- I reported earlier this week that Hutcherson had also met with the directer for the part of Peeta. He's a fan of the books and would be really honored to play the role so I really do like him for Peeta. I know his hair color is wrong but again, that's the magic of DYE and he has the right build for the part.


Hunter Parrish- He's not a new name per say but he has just confirmed he's met with the director. He's also a fan of the novels. He's quoted over at The Film Stage as saying about the role "I'd be grateful to get the opportunity. Like, really grateful. It would be amazing." He also goes on to say "I read all the books lat year". I like this because we know now he understands how vital the role is and he will understand Peeta better for it.

So that's it for now. Who do you love for Peeta?

14 comments:

  1. I've been keeping up with all the movie updates on Twitter. So exciting!
    For Peeta.... Hunter Parrish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally rooting for Josh. looks wise, I think he fits the part so well! And I'm excited for Jennifer. I will totally be at the midnight showing myself. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Hunter Parrish should be Peeta! I've only seen Alex Pettyfer act in something though, so have no idea how good the other two are at acting... And apparently Alex isn't going to be Jace! =[ I can't remember where or why, but I read it somewhere, and was very sad :L He's have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a problem with Jennifer being blond, because well you're right: they can dye her hair or make her wear a wig.
    As for Peeta: As much as I love Alex Pettyfer I really hope he doesn't get the role, first because of the opportunity for him to play Jace-as you said he's much more suited for that role-and because if imdb is right (which I hope :P) there will be a movie adaption of Fallen, and when I read the book i imagined Daniel looking like Alex :). Plus I think Josh Hutcherson and Hunter Parrish are super adorable and would both fit the role of Peeta :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see her dye job. I'm voting for Hunter tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Alex Pettyfer and everything, buttttt...NOT HIM FOR PEETA! Either Josh or Hunter would be great! I just can't wait to see how the movie turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like Jennifer as Katniss. I fell she will do a great job portraying the character. As for Peeta, I hope Hunter gets it because he's more soft while Alex is hard and jagged, like Jace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Hunter Parrish's looks best, but I haven't seen him act. Based on acting, I'd go with Josh, he's good and looks more like the age group. But then again, I can't see the chemistry between him and Jennifer. So IDK. XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Josh Hutcherson the best for the part of Peeta. He's really cute and looks like a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Jennifer can pull it off, the only problem I have with her is that she's 21 y'old already and Katniss is supposed to be 16 in The Hunger Games...
    For Peeta, I go with Josh. He has that rough-but-nice look and I think it fits with Peeta!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here from the blog hop and couldn't resist when I saw this post.. I love the idea of Hunter for Peeta! He is exactly what I pictured him to look like.

    Alex looks a bit too... jerkish to play Peeta, in my opinion. I agree that he's better playing Jace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As much as I love Alex.. I think he's too big of a name now for the role. Plus he already looks like an adult... I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series yet, but he does seem to be a blog fav for Jace.

    I think this Josh Hutcherson guy looks like he'd be a good Peeta. He has a softness to his face that I picture Peeta to have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hunter for Peeta totally! I love Hunter in Weeds and he is super hot!!!!! He has a sweet personality too, just like Peeta. Alex doesn't seem to fit that part!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josh looks perfect for the part!! (face and body) I have always been a fan of his and I still remember when he was in Bridge to Terabithia.. oh how he has grown

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of writing something below? Well, that's why you are awesome! I always love feedback!

This blog is an award free zone. With the demand of a full time job, blogging time is becoming much more precious and I just don't have the time to meet the demands of awards. Thanks so much for thinking of me anyway!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Impossible Things kit by Studio Tangie and Rebecca McMeen